Re: java plugin for mozilla

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 06:17:50PM +0100, Michael Borko wrote:
> Michael K O'Brien wrote:
> >Hola~
> >
> >I'd like to install a Java plugin for Mozilla. I was able to find a couple
> >of
> >web pages that describe how to do this by downloading the package from Sun
> >and
> >installing it by hand.
> >
> >I wasn't able to find a *.deb for it. Is there one?
> >
> >MO
> >

> hola!
>
> put this into your /etc/apt/sources.list:
>
> ## JAVA - This is gcc3.2-compiled i386 release
> deb http://jopa.studentenweb.org/debian ./
> deb-src http://jopa.studentenweb.org/debian ./
>
> then do this:
>
> apt-get install j2re1.4

I don't know if there is any change in this package, but when I last
tried to install the java plugin, the oji plugin didn't work and the
one for the older version of mozilla didn't have all the mime
types. The only solution was to install the self extracting version
from sun and manually link the file.