Re: [OT] Virusses (many!) via list?

Am 2003-09-26 13:04:20, schrieb debian-laptop@lists.debian.org:
>On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Michelle Konzack wrote:
>
>MK> I think, I will install an M$-Outlook filter witch sends a
>MK> Message to the sender that I dont like to be in his/her Adressbook.
>MK>
>MK> PM's from Outlook-Users are not welcome same for Cc: because I am
>MK> on the List.
>
>The virus (Gibe-F) does not need Outlöök, it has its own smtp-engine and
>is therefore idependent of any mail agent. It will, however, read
>addresses from Outlook Address book, if I am not mistaken. But it will
>also read almost anything else on the disk to find valid email addresses.
>On top of that it will try ICQ and whatever to disseminate itself.

Right and not right !

Because:

The Wirus has infected the Windows-Machines via Outlook and the
it can live without it. So,  - The beginning is ALWAYS OUTLOOK !

Because some people send me Mails directly without SMTP-Relay, I
know some of my 'Friends' do it too. I become Viruses PtP !!!

They have access to my own V.90 Server in Strasbourg and I have
had many troubl thith it...

>Regards, STefan
>
>debian @ goessling . de

Greetings