Re: [OT] Virusses (many!) via list?

Am 2003-09-21 01:53:17, schrieb Stefan Goessling-Reisemann:
>Dear List,
>
>since I wrote two messages to the list, I receive approx. 60 virus mails
>per day. Seems that my address has gotten into the addressbook of some

What ??? - only 60/day ;-)

Yesterday I was in Paris and have checked my Mailserves and it
reported 18.000 Messages over 100 kBytes (the viruses) killed
by 'mailfilter'.

Now I am back in Strasbourg and checked it again...

Wow !!! - Now there are 27.000 Killed Messages from 78 mailboxes.

I think, I will install an M$-Outlook filter witch sends a
Message to the sender that I dont like to be in his/her Adressbook.

PM's from Outlook-Users are not welcome same for Cc: because I am
on the List.

>Well, the problem seems to be: my address got into their address books via
>this mailing list. So my question: how can I avoid it? Using a fake From?
>I don't like that, since replying to me would be cumbersome.

Yea, I think, I will break some headers too...

... and if someone like to send me a message, they can do it with my
firstname point familyname at ISP or linux4 firstname at ISP.

>Any other ideas?
>Greetings, Stefan

Greetings from Strasbourg
Michelle