Re: best laptops for debian linux

Stefan Goessling-Reisemann wrote:
Hi Jon,

I am using an Acer Travelmate 803 Lci, and installation (via a Knoppix CD)
was easy. BUT: a few things didn't work correctly and needed a bit more
fiddling: acpi, touchpad special functions (needed synaptic driver),
network card (needed newer kernel 2.4.21), wifi (still not working), modem
(work in progress, driver found, installation problems persisting), and
maybe a few others.

Stefan, could you please tell us (especially me) where you found the modem driver ? I have a Travelmate 800 and last time I checked, there was no driver available...
Thanks