Re: best laptops for debian linux

Hi Jon,

I am using an Acer Travelmate 803 Lci, and installation (via a Knoppix CD)
was easy. BUT: a few things didn't work correctly and needed a bit more
fiddling: acpi, touchpad special functions (needed synaptic driver),
network card (needed newer kernel 2.4.21), wifi (still not working), modem
(work in progress, driver found, installation problems persisting), and
maybe a few others.

the system was running from the beginning on, just a few items were
missing. i don't know, if you could live with that.

so, for fuzz-free setup, choose a different laptop. for good battery life,
good performance, good display, good interfaces, etc., a tm 803 is a (did
i use this word already?) good choice.

regards, stefan