Re: best laptops for debian linux

Jon wrote:

> I'm looking to buy a laptop that can easily be set up to run debian
> linux.

> Can anyone suggest particular
> brands and models that fit this description?  Top priority is that
> debian linux can be easily installed on the machine, while the other
> requirements are less important.

Hi Jon,

we use several different ASUS laptops here in the company, and they run
Debian just fine. Anyway, when you go shopping for a laptop, I suggest you
take a Knoppix CD and try to boot from it - you will soon see which is the
best product for your needs (try to boot without SCSI or similar
autodetection maybe).

HTH,
wjl aka Wolfgang Lonien
--