Re: best laptops for debian linux

On Fri, 2003-09-12 at 18:12, Jon wrote:
> I'm looking to buy a laptop that can easily be set up to run debian
> linux.  I do not need a high end graphics card, nor is there a real
> need for a big screen.   Being light weight is not a primary factor,
> whereas rugged reliability would be.  Can anyone suggest particular
> brands and models that fit this description?  Top priority is that
> debian linux can be easily installed on the machine, while the other
> requirements are less important.
> Many thanks.

I wonder how well IBM is supporting linux on their new Thinkpad models?
With their strong show of support in many areas, perhaps they would be a
possibility? Have a read through other peoples' experiences with IBM
laptops at:
	http://www.tuxmobil.org/ibm.html
and
	http://www.linux-laptop.net/ibm.html

Also, linuxcertified.com has a range of new or refurbished laptops
certified to work with linux:
	http://www.linuxcertified.com/linux_laptops.html
--

Using Linux on the Inspiron 1100: