Re: usb mouse not recognised in kernel 2.4.22 (continued)

Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn wrote:
On Thu, 11 Sep 2003, ben wrote:

For comparison, this is what I have om my acer:

mousedev                3736   1
usbmouse                1784   0  (unused)	<-- tho it says 'unused',
						    if I 'rmmod' it the usb
						    mouse stops working

You really shouldn't need usbmouse loaded, AFAIK. I may very well be mistaken about that, though. Would you mind checking two things? If I'm mistaken about this I'd like to find out before I mis-inform anyone else.

Are you using /dev/input/mice with major 13, minor 63 as the mouse device?

Rather than loading and then unloading usbmouse, which may mess things up, try not loading usbmouse at all. Does the mouse not work then? Does it start working when you load usbmouse?

thanks much,

-- jason kraftcheck