Re: usb mouse not recognised in kernel 2.4.22 (continued)

ben wrote:
> if i enter modconf on my latest compile no usbmouse shows up, however if
> i lsmod it appears. I am still not sure if this is the problem as my
> kernel 2.4.18 (bf24) has this module loaded and the mouse works, but I
> am willing to try anything at this stage!

For USB mice and a modular kernel I have found experimentally that I
need to load the following two drivers.

  echo hid >> /etc/modules
  echo mousedev >> /etc/modules

  modprobe hid
  modprobe mousedev

With these loaded everything works fine for me.

HTH,
Bob