Re: Some help with a ASUS L2480D

Alle 15:50, lunedì 8 settembre 2003, Alistair J Ross ha scritto:
> Flavio,
>
> 	1) Hmm I've often had issues with similar SiS I/C's but on
> mainboards in the past. It probably has something to do with the way
> the driver or the hardware retains VRAM information. I can't help
> much there, is it a severe issue or just an eyesore for a few
> seconds?

Just for a few seconds. After, all is good.

> 	2) Hmm odd. What model exactly of CDRW is it? Have you typed it into
> 	google to see if there are any issues? Is this really a problem
> again or is it more of an unanswered anomaly rather than something
> that does not work, as if cdrecord -scanbus reports it correctly then
> the info is probably right. What does cat /proc/scsi/sg/device_strs
> say? Is there more than one device there?

Thanks to Matteo on the debian-italian list (I've had no answer for a
week, so I posted here) I fixed this: I just recompiled kernel without
multilun support.

> 	3) This depends on the laptop. ACPI is still experimental. I've yet
> to see it working properly on any laptops. Instead I use apm, and the
> battery information is passed to me using the apm program.

Since I nedeed to recompile I decided to use the patch from sourceforge.
It seems to work.

> Hope this helps,
> 	Alistair Ross

Many thanks for your help,