Re: compiling & installing kernels

Hallo Ben!

> >2. Install the new kernel
> >	- cd /usr/src/linux
> >	- cp /usr/usr/<old kernel sources>/.config /usr/src/linux/.config
> >	- make oldconfig
> >
> >3. Enable ACPI, and remove APM (the old power management modules/tools)
> >	- Under "general support":
> >		- turn ON Power Management support
> >		- turn OFF APM
> >		- turn ON as MODULES everything to do with ACPI
> >			- bus manager
> >			- system
> >			- processor
> >			- button
> >			- AC adapter
> >			- embedded controller
> >			- control method battery
> >			- thermal
> >	- <exit> and save the new configuration
> >
> >4. Finish installing the new kernel
> >	- make dep
> >	- make clean
> >	- make bzImage
> >	- make modules
> >	- make modules_install
> >
> [snip]
> I must be doing something rather wrong!
>
> I have installed the new kernel, but none of the modules (like really
> none..) are loading..
> when I did make modules it seemed to be doing everything, until the end
> where it said 'nothing to be done for modules..' or similar
>
> when I lsmod I get an empty list!

insmod <kernelModul>
Example
/sbin/insmod ospm_busmgr
/sbin/insmod ospm_system
/sbin/insmod ospm_processor
/sbin/insmod ospm_battery
/sbin/insmod ospm_ac_adapter
/sbin/insmod ospm_button
/sbin/insmod ospm_thermal TZP=20

or build new kernel with compiling into the kernel
(YES instead of MODULE)

CU

  Michael                                                      .--.
                                                              |o_o |