Re: ALSA confusion

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 08:10:32AM +0200, Emil Pedersen wrote:
> When you built the kernel (your now using), did you build it with
> make-kpkg  into a deb package or the "easy" way?  I would guess the
> later and that that is the reason apt-get complains.

Yeah, the easy way.

> Is it a requirement to do it "the debian way"?  I got alsa working not
> using the packed source without too much trouble (at least as I recall
> it).  In some cases I find it simpler to "pollute" my system with
> configure/make/install  rather than using prepackaged source/packages.

I ended up doing the ol' configure make make install and it works fine.
One of these I should probably figure out how to do things The Debian Way.
But for now I have (almost) everything I was trying to accomplish. :)

My laptop is also deliciously quiet this morning and the vibration is gone
from the keyboard. :)

emma

--
Emma Jane Hogbin