Re: Linux-wlan-ng vs. kernel/pcmcia-cs drivers...

On Fri, 4 Apr 2003 12:45:15 -0800 (PST)
Matt Snow <drama@slakin.net> wrote:

> What are the major differences and advantages of using the linux-wlan-ng
> driver over the kernel driver or one provided with pcmcia-cs?

I'm not familiar with linux-wlan-ng so I won't address that.

The PCMCIA drivers in the kernel source tree lag pretty far behind the ones
in pcmcia-cs, so I use pcmcia-cs.

Go here to find out how to build kernels with pcmcia-cs modules:

http://newbiedoc.sourceforge.net/system/kernel-pkg.html

The Advanced Topics section addresses getting PCMCIA working.

Kevin