Linux-wlan-ng vs. kernel/pcmcia-cs drivers...

Hello list,
I have looked around a bit and found no solid answer to my question...

What are the major differences and advantages of using the linux-wlan-ng
driver over the kernel driver or one provided with pcmcia-cs?

I just finished doing a dist upgrade to sarge and have a D-Link
DWL-650(Prism2) PCMCIA nic that I would like to get working again.

My problem beforehand was that I could only get wifi access when WEP was
disabled, as soon as I enabled it my connection would die. I tried a
kernel recompile manually(the way I used to in slackware) and using
make-kpkg kernel_image, and this seemed to break something so cardmgr
would no longer log inserts/ejects of the DWL-650 card but I did receive
the beeps that indicated the driver failed to load(high pitch beep, then a
low pitch).

My goal is to get this laptop(IBM 600E) up and running so I can use WEP
with both the DWL-650 and my Orinoco silver card.

Any help is much appreciated.

Also please send replys to me as I am not on the list.

Matt Snow
 (@) drama@slakin.net
 (w) http://slakin.net.

"We do not tell others the things we fear admitting to ourselves."
        -w0rd