Re: Compaq Armada M700: "poweroff" does not power off

    "Remo" == Remo Inverardi <invi@your.toilet.ch> writes:

    Remo> I'm using a Compaq Armada M700 laptop, running SID with
    Remo> vanilla, self compiled 2.4.20 and 2.4.21-pre6 kernels. Under
    Remo> both kernel versions, a "poweroff" does a shutdown, but no
    Remo> power off. I played around with kernel options, trying to
    Remo> both shutdown using real and protected mode.

I use a Compaq Armada M700 laptop with the 2.4.18-686 kernel from
Woody. The machine power's off just fine if I load the APM module. Be
aware that ACPI is not compiled into this kernel.

I would suggest you download 2.4.18-686 and install it. It has worked
pretty nicely on this machine for a while now, and it will give you a
baseline kernel configuration to play with.

Cheers!
Shyamal