Re: Compaq Armada M700: "poweroff" does not power off

At 14:08 2003-04-03, Remo Inverardi wrote:
Ivar,

> You need to compile apm or acpi into the kernel to make a
> complete shutdown to work.

APM is compiled and linked into my kernel. As far as I can tell, APM works fine (/proc/apm shows battery stats etc). ACPI did no seem to work with the M700 when I last tried it using kernel version 2.4.20.

Ok...
I have no experience from your machine. I use a Thinkpad 390 myself, and my shutdown began to work after I compiled my kernel for apm. One thing you might want to check is whether this option is set:
CONFIG_APM_POWER_OFF=y

I believe it might have to do with it.

For the moment I use ACPI on my machine, so I cannot test my advices myself... :)

Check and let me know

//Ivar
Ivar Alm             ! Where does Microsoft want to drag you today? !
Umeå, Sweden         ! Do you really want to go there?              !
http://www.octofingers.com