Re: [Thinkpad] keyboard problem / keys stay locked

Am 2003.04.01 12:03 schrieb(en) Matthias Kretz:
Hi Matthias,

Hi, there are a lot of error messages, yes. Do you have the ECDT patch in your kernel? Did you update your BIOS? And if yes, how can I update the BIOS
without a floppy drive or Windoze?
I have a patched ECDT table compiled in the kernel. I haven't updated the BIOS - I also have neither a floppy nor Windows installed.

Now to the error messages:
These are due to an ACPI bug. The following workaround posted on ACPI-Devel fixed it for me:
Comment out the
"if (ec_ecdt && ec_ecdt->uid == uid) {...}" block
in acpi_ec_add() of $KERNEL-SRC/drivers/acpi/ec.c and recompile the kernel.

hth,
Stefan