hdd spindown + wifi question

Hello,

I have two quick questions..

1> I'm running noflushd to spin down the harddrive, which works, but
this cron job is making it spin back up every 10 minutes or so:

Mar 28 10:38:01 desiree /USR/SBIN/CRON[441]: (mail) CMD (  if [ -x
/usr/sbin/exim -a -f /etc/exim/exim.conf ]; then /usr/sbin/exim -q ; fi)

Do I need this cron job, at all?  exim is only used for 'sending' mail,
I use fetchmail to get the mail.  Also, I have 3 different connects that
this laptop sees, a dsl connect (thru firewall/ethernet), a dialup
connect, and soon a wireless connect, is there another way I can run the
exim -q (not in cron)?

2> I'm feed up with the dwl-650 wifi, because it doesn't really work
well (yet, I guess), so I looked for another cheap wifi card, and found
a 'Compaq iPac 802.11b' card for $31 ... Anyone know if this is a Prism2
card?  If not is it worth getting, say over a $79 Linksys Card?

TIA,

jon..