Exim config...

I'm sure this isn't an original question, but never mind...

Regarding the exim config (using woody, stable):

Ok, so if I'm offline and I send an email, it gets queued and waits patiently until I connect. Various addresses are re-written so that it can send properly. But then if it's on the queue for a long time (which often happens), exim sends a reminder email to the sender. Exactly which message headers need to be re-written so that a) there is no problem sending the message, but b) these reminder messages get sent to the localhost address and not the external address?

Also, the exim daemon usually pauses for about 5-10 seconds, for example when I type 'mailq'. Is this something to do with the /etc/hosts file or not? It's not a major problem of course, but any comments would be welcome.

Thanks for any help

Andy