Re: Laptop without Harddisk => CF-Cards

Hello Daniel,

Am 13:18 2003-03-12 +1100 hat Daniel Pittman geschrieben:

>On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Michelle Konzack wrote:
>> for a special utilisation I need to use CF-Disks with 512 MByte.
>>
>> Now there are IDE-Adapters which use CF-Cards like a normal HD.
>
>I don't know of any IDE adapter that does that, but the CompactFlash
>card itself works like a (brain-dead) IDE device natively.

Oh, you can connect the CF-Adapters dierctly to the IDE-Cable...
in a normal PC...

But the HD-Bay in the Laptops has 2"5 HD's and a smaller adapter.
I like to change the 210 MByte HD by TWO 512 MB CF-Cards and the
IDE/CF-Controller which is halfe size of a 2"5 HD

>> What I do not know curently: can I put two CF-Cards in one CF-Adapter

Michelle