Re: Laptop without Harddisk => CF-Cards

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> for a special utilisation I need to use CF-Disks with 512 MByte.
>
> Now there are IDE-Adapters which use CF-Cards like a normal HD.

I don't know of any IDE adapter that does that, but the CompactFlash
card itself works like a (brain-dead) IDE device natively.

The CF to PCMCIA adapters are simply wired straight through and do not
supply additional logic.

> Is it possibel to install this CF-Adapters for two 512 MByte Cards in
> a laptop ?

If you have two PCMCIA slots in the machine you can run two CF cards
successfully. If you have only one slot then you are, sadly, out of
luck.[1]

> What I do not know curently: can I put two CF-Cards in one CF-Adapter

No, or at least not with any commonly available technology.

    Daniel

Footnotes:
[1]  To the best of my knowledge.

--
We watched with envy on television as American solders gave out packets of
Marlboro cigarettes to Iraqi prisoners of war. May of us have to work an