Re: swsusp

At 11:04 2003-03-13, Mattia Dongili wrote:
hi,

> After the resume, my eth0 isn't restored. 'ifup' gives the "interface
> already configured" so I need to run 'ifdown'. After that ifup works
> just fine, and all my networking is back to normal. Why I get errors
> when resuming, and afterwards can run an ifdown/ifup and it works is
> pretty confusing to me.
>
> Any suggestions?

yes, try to ifdown/rmmod _before_suspending_ and ifup/modprobe
_after_resuming_, it should do the trick. many drivers still don't have
any power management code, so you need unload modules before suspend and
reload them after resume.

The hibernate script does idfown/rmmod, as well as stopping some services, and reverses the procedure on resume. I believe that the problem is the order in which services and modules are restarted... Just thinking if someone else have had the same problem, and perhaps solved it...

//I
Ivar Alm             ! Where does Microsoft want to drag you today? !
Umeå, Sweden         ! Do you really want to go there?              !
http://www.octofingers.com