Re: swsusp

Mattia Dongili wrote:
hi,

After the resume, my eth0 isn't restored. 'ifup' gives the "interface already configured" so I need to run 'ifdown'. After that ifup works
just fine, and all my networking is back to normal. Why I get errors
when resuming, and afterwards can run an ifdown/ifup and it works is
pretty confusing to me.

Any suggestions?

yes, try to ifdown/rmmod _before_suspending_ and ifup/modprobe
_after_resuming_, it should do the trick. many drivers still don't have
any power management code, so you need unload modules before suspend and
reload them after resume.

it can be done in config file generated by the script available here : http://fchabaud.free.fr/English/default.php3?COUNT=3&FILE0=Tricks&FILE1=Laptop&FILE2=Swsusp I never make it work on my laptop but work well on the others. Sometimes I got some trouble with sound (I use esd) or hardware acceleration (solved by using the nvidia option in the config file).

--
mattia