Re: starting blackbox with woody - how?

On 17-02-2003, at 21h 49'47", Robert Michel wrote to debian-laptop about "Re: starting blackbox with woody - how?"
> Salve hugH, Karl, mi, Frank, Ionel!
>
> Thank you very much for your support. I tried 2 hours today to make
> it run but faild. So I will start with reading and learning the basics
> of X-server, windowmanager and desktop manager.
>
> I will postpone this after my exam in two weeks, but I promise
> to write here how to install and use an other windowmanager
> like blackbox. ;)
>
> Thankfull,
> rob

I use fvwm since 6 years and it is not comming by default as wm.
The only thing I did (I use xdm) was to add fvwm as the last line
in my ~/.xsession, and to be sure that ~/.xsession is executable
(chmod +x ~/.xsession). For other dm's (like kdm, gdm, etc.) I think
you should do the same with ~/.xinitrc.

For global solutions you could alter the /etc/Xsession file (for xdm).

Ionel