RE: Battery Life

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Tim Wood wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> just to stick my ten cents worth in.
>
> I have a 4 year old Gateway 5150. It runs on the mains most of the time.
> I leave the battery in all the time.

I have a 6 year old Omnibook 5500(p133) and about a 4 year old 5700(p166).
Currently it's a 5700 with a 5500 screen.  The p133 awaits disassmbly for
parts when the 5700 breaks again.

but anyways.

I have 4 batteries for it, two are 2.5ah, and two are 3.75 ah.  (It lets
you put a cdrom sized battery in the floppy/cdrom bay).

All 4 work, I get about 2 hours out of the small ones, and about 3 out of
the bigger ones.

I guess I got some REALLY good Li-Ion's :)

I usually let it sit in its docking station with the batteries plugged
in.

I've been remembering lately to pop the battery out though.

One thing that's super annoying is if you get a power dip when plugged
into the docking station, it doesn't even try to go to battery, just dumps
the laptop.

Mike