Re: 3com network card, trouble w pcmcia-modules

At 10:59 AM 2/9/03, Marc Mongeon wrote:
>I'll try to address what I think is the fundamental problem:  your PCMCIA
>modules are not installed.
>
>The package you want to install is "pcmcia-modules-2.2.xx" [...]

Still not workin' ... apt-get install pcmcia-modules-2.2.20 gave me exactly the same error as apt-get install pcmcia-modules did:

Package pcmcia-modules-2.2.20 has no available version, but exists in the database.
This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and
never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents
of sources.list
E: Package pcmcia-modules-2.2.20 has no installation candidate

I looked in dselect and it does not appear to be there - a search for pcmcia yielded only pcmcia-sources, and the already-installed pcmcia-cs (Both version 3.1.33-6), but no pcmcia-modules.

Just to be sure, I updated the source list, and it said it updated 2000-some files; but it didn't spin the cd. And when I asked it to update again, it said it updated the same 2000-some number of files (I'd imagine it's the number of .deb files)

Although there isn't an option to display the current apt-get source, if you go to the change source menu and do the default file/http/ftp, it first prompts and says there's something else selected, which was listed as:

deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 r1 _Woody_ - Official i386 Binary-2
(20021218)]/ unstable contrib main non-US/contrib non-US/main
deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 r1 _Woody_ - Official i386 Binary-1
(20021218)]/ unstable contrib main non-US/contrib non-US/main

Can I just download the .deb with the pcmcia-modules somewhere off the net? Would it work if saved in windows FAT file system?

Thanks!
-David