Re: ATI or nVIDIA for new Laptop?

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 08:28:15AM +0100, Claus Nagel wrote:
> I'm about to get a new laptop, hurray!. But one last thing makes me
> unsure what to choose. Do I make it for a
> 	nVIDIA GeForce4 420Go (Toshiba SP6100)
> or
> 	ATI Mobility FireGL 9000 (Compaq 800w).
> And how does the Radeon 7500 compare to the FireGL 9000?

Are you aware that the existence of binary Nvidia drivers
is due to the fact that they don't provide device programming
interface to free software developers?

Only for this reason, I'd chose ATI myself. Not that it is easy
to obtain documents from them, but it's not nearly as bad as Nvidia.

	Gabriel.