Re: HDD not spinning down

René Seindal, 2003-Feb-02 09:33 +0100:
> Been there, done that!
>
> Cups regenerates a certificate every five minutes by default.  Recent
> versions of cups have a parameter to make it do so less often.
>
> Add this to your /etc/cups/cupsd.conf
>
> RootCertDuration 604800
>
> You also need to tell Postfix to do queue runs less often.  I've
> switched my laptop (there the hdd spin-down is more important) to exim,
> where queue runs are done from cron and hence easily controllable.  I
> just do one every three hours in the daytime, which is more than enough.
> After all, it is a laptop, not a mail server.
>
> I can't remember how you control the frequency of postfix queue runs.

Right on!  This is the sort of response I was hoping to get.  I went
ahead and replaced Postfix with Exim and made the config changes you
suggested to /etc/cups/cupsd.conf and the /etc/cron.d and it's working
the way I want it to work.

thanks for your help...jc

PS> please respond to the list and not directly to the poster, and
also, please don't top-post.  add your response to the bottom of the
message.  thanks.  i copied you on my reponse back to the list.

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer
Diggin' Debian		Admin and User