Re: full screen console under 2.6, + some small bugs

On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 01:50:25PM -0500, Matt Price wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 05:46:29PM +0200, Kasper Rönning wrote:
> > On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 matt.price@utoronto.ca wrote:
>

> > I got bad results using radeonfb (had it compiled in the kernel), with
> > only a few white dots in the uppermost line blinking as the machine
> > booted, then I changed to vesafb and it works great. Since I have a
> > 1024x768 screen, I use vga=792 in lilo.conf.
> >

> So do you think it would make a difference to recompile the kernel
> with neofb removed and vesafb kept in?

just to report in:  this offers no improvement.  To be honest I'm kind of
surprised...  Anyway, with vesafb compiled into my kernel, and other
framebuffer modules left out, I get an error "/dev/fb: no such
device".  Is vesafb supposed to attach to an fb0 device all by its
lonesome? Kaspar and others:  what does fbset -i tell you?  I think I
must be doing something wrong...

Just in case it might be of diagnostic utility, I've posted my .config
file to:

http://pc09.hist.utoronto.ca/stuff/.config

I dunno, maybe someone can see what I've screwed up.  thanks for your
help!
matt