Re: full screen console under 2.6, + some small bugs

> > My main gripe is that whatever complex thing I had worked out in the
> > past to get a full-screen display on my console is no longer working,
> > so Im back to a tiny little squarei nthe middle of the screen.  Has
> > anyone got the framebuffer thingy working in kernel 2.6?  Can you give
> > me a rundown of what I need to do to make it work?
a bit more specific information (thanks to folks who responded, I
accidentally deleted those mails so don't havey our names!):

I've experienced with SVGATextMode, and it works ok but not great.
fonts are difficult to read and I cannot for the life of me get any
mode to fill the whole of the screen.

I now recall that in the old days (under kernel 2.6.x) I had
framebuffer enabled, and a "vga=" line in my lilo.conf.  I can no
longer use this boot option, as my console is rendered useless if I
do.  After reading around, and also playing around a bit with fbset, I
have the impression that this may be a bug in the framebuffer
modules.  Here's my situation:

kernel 2.6.0-test9, compiled using gcc3.2 in a Sid environment.
NeoMagic 2160 controller on a 1024x768 lcd laptop screen (HP Omnibook
4100, for those who care).
vesafb compiled into kernel
neofb compiled as a module and loaded at boot time.

with "vga=" line in lilo.conf, or when invoking fbset, the console
screen produces wierd colored barcode-looking lines across part or all
of the lcd screen, and no text to speak of.

Anyone know if framebuffer is still buggy, and in particular with
neomagic cards?  I see positngs from june and july on various
kernel-related lists that suggest this.

anywya, this is about hte lastthing standing between me and my heart's
desire, so thanks for the help!\
matt

> > A couple of other little thing:
> >
> > both my USB and my PCMCIA buses seem to get kinda wiggy after I "wake
> > up" the computer post-sleep -- that is, after an "apm -s".  I rely on
> > both of them, and sometimes this behaviour leads to panic-mode before
> > lecture as I try desperately to stuff data into the laptop from my
> > desktop.

still no progress on this, so if you've got anything...