Re: APM Sleep-Resume Freezes on Thinkpad R31

Graham Lowe may (or may not) have said:

> I've been desperately trying to get APM sleep (suspend to memory) to work
> on my Thinkpad R31.  From what I can tell, it appears that the laptop
> successfully sleeps when I press Fn+F4--the screen turns off and the
> quarter moon light symbol becomes lit.  However, upon resuming from sleep,
> pressing Fn+F4, the screen turns on and a strange square appears in the top
> left hand corner of the screen and the computer is frozen.

Is this from X or from console ? Try it without X running and without
framebuffer. Also, try apm -s and spm -S rather than fn+f4 in case something
isn't quite set up right.

apm -s and apm -S worked on my T30 (2.6 kernels, with X)

Also, when you think its frozen, see if you can still connect to it from
a network connection via ssh/httpd/telnet, whatever you've got running.

Mike