APM Sleep-Resume Freezes on Thinkpad R31

Hey All,

I've been desperately trying to get APM sleep (suspend to memory) to work on my Thinkpad R31. From what I can tell, it appears that the laptop successfully sleeps when I press Fn+F4--the screen turns off and the quarter moon light symbol becomes lit. However, upon resuming from sleep, pressing Fn+F4, the screen turns on and a strange square appears in the top left hand corner of the screen and the computer is frozen.

I've tried a variety of kernel versions and configurations without success. My latest kernel is 2.4.22. I am attempting to use APM and the relevant configuration is:

CONFIG_PM=y
CONFIG_APM=y
# CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND is not set
# CONFIG_APM_DO_ENABLE is not set
CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE=y
# CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK is not set
CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT=y
CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS=y
# CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF is not set

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on how to get this feature to work on the R31.

Thanks in advance,
Graham

Groove on the latest from the hot new rock groups! Get downloads, videos, and more here. http://special.msn.com/entertainment/wiredformusic.armx