Re: Advice on new laptop

Hello,

I have the strong impression that it is a philosophy by it's own which
notebook is the best (for Linux) but I can strongly recommend IBM notebooks,
they are even "Linux certified" by Suse and IBM (if you can read german ->
www.nofost.de which sells discounted notebooks to students only) - they
guarantee that everything except wlan works.
Well it's suse but then you have a very good chance to get it running with
debian as well (I don't know if Suse included some non-GPL modules like YAST
to support all features).

at www.tuxmobile.org and www.linux-on-laptops.com are more infos available
about certain models.

cheers Martin