Re: add kernel modules

Also, not sure which install you are using, but I found this, just in
case you run into some trouble with the "Installing Foreign Modules."

Link:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2002/debian-boot-200212/msg00826.html
************************
Hello,
I tried to install the network module e1000.o with the function "Install
foreign Modules". This procedure works well with kernel 2.2.20 but does
not work with 2.4.18-bf2.4.
The installation program wants to copy the module e1000.o from the
floppy directory /lib/modules/net to the directory
/target/lib/modules/2.4.18-bf2.4/net. This target directory does not
exist, because the network drivers of the kernel 2.4.18-bf2.4 are
located in
/target/lib/modules/2.4.18-bf2.4/kernel/drivers/net (in difference to
kernel 2.2.20). So the installation program creates a ***file*** named
"net" in /target/lib/modules/2.4.28-bf2.4/. If I created the
/target/lib/modules/2.4.18-bf2.4/net directory
before applying the "Install foreign Modules" function, the e1000.o
module was copied into this directory correctly, but the following
modconf function couldn't find it for configuration of cause.
So I had to copy the module into the /target/.../kernel/drivers/net
directory manually.
After this the modconf program can find the new driver module.

Best regard,
Christian

Good luck.

-Donnie