atitvout problem

Having updated my Dell Latitude CPx to testing last night, in order to
get OpenOffice 1.1, everything seemed fine until I attempted to use
atitvout this morning - in front of a roomful of students - to use the
CRT out as well as the builtin screen.

It would seem that I have encountered a known problem (as in the
archive at
http://lists.debian.org/debian-laptop/2003/debian-laptop-200305/msg00334.html).

The suggested solution back in May was to install the ati.2 drivers
from gatos.sf.net.

Unfortunately a) their web site doesn't seem to have a version for
XFree 4.2.1 which is the version in testing and b) I'd rather not mess
around installing xfree drivers from tgz files if I can avoid it.

So, does anyone know of a Debian solution to this problem (i.e. a
solution involving .debs)?

--
|Deryk Barker, Computer Science Dept. | Music does not have to be understood|
|Camosun College, Victoria, BC, Canada| It has to be listened to.           |