Re: atitvout problem

Hi,

Deryk Barker <dbarker@turing.cs.camosun.bc.ca> writes:

> Having updated my Dell Latitude CPx to testing last night, in order to
> get OpenOffice 1.1, everything seemed fine until I attempted to use
> atitvout this morning - in front of a roomful of students - to use the
> CRT out as well as the builtin screen.
>
> It would seem that I have encountered a known problem (as in the
> archive at
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-laptop/2003/debian-laptop-200305/msg00334.html).
>
> The suggested solution back in May was to install the ati.2 drivers
> from gatos.sf.net.
>
> Unfortunately a) their web site doesn't seem to have a version for
> XFree 4.2.1 which is the version in testing and b) I'd rather not mess
> around installing xfree drivers from tgz files if I can avoid it.

The drivers for XFree 4.2.0 work fine here with Sid's XFree
 4.2.1 .

> So, does anyone know of a Debian solution to this problem (i.e. a
> solution involving .debs)?

There are unofficial debs of the gatos drivers for XFree 4.1.0 at
http://ftp.fifi.org/debian-local/stable/unofficial/xfree86-gatos-ati-drivers/

Since the .deb construction is really trivial, I was able to make my own
debs for the gatos drivers 4.2.0 using the source package from above.

For your convenience I am leaving the created .deb package in a web site
for a couple of days. It works for me, but I can not make any promises
for other systems:

http://www-itp.physik.uni-karlsruhe.de/~guasch/xfree86-gatos-ati-drivers_4.2.0.16-1_i386.deb

The "source" to build the above package is

http://www-itp.physik.uni-karlsruhe.de/~guasch/xfree86-gatos-ati-drivers_4.2.0.16-1.tar.gz

It is not a "source package" in the Debian sense.

Hope this helps,

Jaume

--
Please answer to the group/list. Don't CC me.