Re: IBM ThinkPad i1161-217 trouble with modem

I have this notebook with the same internal modem.  I believe it's a
windows-only modem.  When I first got this notebook (couple of years
ago), I spent a little time and effort trying to get the modem
working, but gave up because my pc-card modem works so well.