Keyboard Rate drops to minimum after standby

Whenever I resume my laptop (Dell Latitude C610) from standby mode,
the keyboard rate has dropped to the minimum, or default, of 10 cps.
I run 'sudo kbdrate -r 24' to bump it back up to where I like it.

I've been trying get this to happen automatically using the apmd
processes, but I can't seem to get it to work.

I put a script into both /etc/apm/event.d and /etc/apm/resume.d,
neither of which work.  The script is:

# This script fixes this problem of the keyboard rate
# getting set to 10 cps upon resuming from a suspend
# state.
# This script resides in /etc/apm/event.d

#if [ "${1}" = "resume" ] && [ "${2}" = "standby" ]; then
if [ "${1}" = "resume" ]; then
    kbdrate -r 30 -d 250

I've tried several variations on the format for the script, but can't
get it right.

System is running Sarge.

Can someone help me out here?

Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer