Re: custom install

Hi

On Wed, 2003-10-08 at 10:20, Brett Ryland wrote:

> I've been waiting for an install disc using the 2.6.0 kernel to be
> created but I'm impatient and the 6.5GB and 1GB partitions for linux
> are sitting unused.
Since u seem pretty comfortable with the idea of compiling a kernel ,
will this work for you ?
Do a minimal install of the 2.2 kernel and gcc on the 1GB partition with
possibly a very small swap carved out of the partition. Use this to
compile a 2.4/2.6 kernel . Format the 6.5gb partition as reiserfs and
use it as the boot partition.

> Alternatively, does someone have a small 2.5.x or 2.6.0 kernel
> install cd so that I can format the partition and install that base
> kernel on it and install the rest of debian from my other cds?

There is a live cd with a 2.6 kernel. See  this thread.
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4707
It is in portugese though :-).

anish

--
Anish Muttreja <muttreja@princeton.edu>
Department of Electrical Engineering Princeton University