Re: how does it all fit together? iwconfig, wlan-ng, hotplug, and pcmcia

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 04, 2003 at 01:22:34AM -0400, Daniel wrote:
> I've been away from debian for a little while and am having a hard time
> coming to terms with my wlan card.
>
>   Where does hotplug fit into this? Is that the recommended way of
> configuring new interfaces or should I stick with adding options in the
> /etc/pcmcia directory? Should I do my changes to
> /etc/networks/interfaces instead and write a mapping script?

This is complicated matter and Thomas Hood has been writing HOWTO.

  http://qref.sourceforge.net/Debian/reference/ch-gateway.en.html
  http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch-gateway.en.html

I appreciate feed back on this section.

Regards,