Re: how does it all fit together? iwconfig, wlan-ng, hotplug, and pcmcia

On Sat, Oct 04, 2003 at 01:22:34AM -0400, Daniel wrote:

> The problems/questions:
>   Kismet is broken. Also most iwconfig commands except for ESSID and
> key. I think I need to install wlan-ng. I gather this is different from
> the existing drivers. Is there a stock kernel with this support enabled
> or do I need to roll my own? Or can I get away with just downloading the
> linux-wlan-ng debs?
You are going to have to use the wlan drivers if you want to use kismet
or airsnort.  I'm using the wlan-ng modules right now:

rnowakow@ltrnowak03:~$ export COLUMNS=180; dpkg -l "*wlan*" | grep ii
ii  linux-wlan-ng                           0.2.0-12     utilities for wireless prism2 cards
ii  linux-wlan-ng-modules-2.4.20-1-686      2.4.20-7+0.2.0-6     drivers for wireless prism2 cards