Re: trouble installing x-window system

On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 07:42, Tim Folger wrote:
> I don't have much information on the model aside from ati rage mobility
> M/M1/P. I tried the ati and vesa drivers with no luck.I didn't think to
> try the r128 or radeon. Has you had success with those?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tim

Try providing the output of lspci -vv (It can help if you can find the
field for the video adapter and post only that).
The rage mobility M1 is a mach64 card and it uses the ati driver.
Try setting only the native screen resolution for you lcd as a start and
not all 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768. Maybe that causes a lockdown since
the card doesn't handle this for some reason. If its a 14.1"+ screen its
probably 1024x768 with that card.