Re: trouble installing x-window system

I don't have much information on the model aside from ati rage mobility
M/M1/P. I tried the ati and vesa drivers with no luck.I didn't think to
try the r128 or radeon. Has you had success with those?

> ati rage mobility video adapter.

What model exactly?

> my computer
> hung during advanced monitor configuration, on the step where you're
> supposed to choose the resolutions your monitor will support. (I
> 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, and left the rest blank.)When I hit
> to move to the next screen nothing happened and I had to reboot.

What driver did you choose? ati, r128, radeon? Have you tried "vesa" as
last-resort alternative?

 Frank Trenkamp                     frank at trenkamp dot org
 GPG fprt: 5A0C 4AE9 74A5 51F0 2D34  E7DC 67FF 32C4 0357 5653
lately on /.:
> My record is 55 hours of straight coding.
Followed, no doubt, by six weeks of debugging.