Re: How to disable APM COMPLETELY (Use ACPI instead?)

I don't know if it is possible to tell Debian not to use APM at all.
But at least you can run dselect after you ran tasksel and then
"unselect" the apmd package.
And you can add a line to /etc/lilo.conf: append="apm=off".
You can add this line somewhere on the top of the file, so it applies to
all kernelimages listed blow.

Hope this helps.
Marcel