Re: proper way to eject pcmcia card

Cesar Rincon a écrit :

Ipsissima verba tvn:

Do I need to run some commands to stop the pcmcia service prior to
ejecting the pc card ?  or just press the eject button ?

I usually do a ``cardctl eject'' before pulling the card out.
Sometimes I forget about it, never had a problem.  I guess it is
important for PCMCIA storage devices, rather than just network cards.
Even with network card, if you have a NFS or SAMBA mount on it, cardctl eject is useful,
because it unmounts all the network mounts for this device..

--
Christian Gennerat