ATI Radeon Mobility

Hi group,

Maybe (just maybe) I'll be buying a new laptop. My current laptop has a
trident cyberblade i7 card, which sucks under linux. I have flickerings
and _no_ 3D acceleration at all. My thoughts are: new hardware, good
(perfect?) compatibility with Debian, ;-)

Any thoughts on ATI Radeon Mobility 7000, 7500 and alike? You can't
download ATI Mobility drivers for linux from their site, :-(. How about
the basic XFree 4.2/4.3 drivers? DRI? I understand the 'normal' Radeons
are supported quite well, but the Mobility ones? I _really_ want a
laptop which doesn't turn out to be incompatible with Debian. And since
I'll be paying a _lot_ of money, I want DRI compatibility as well.

Thanks,

David