Re: ATI Radeon Mobility

David Fokkema <dfokkema@ileos.nl> writes:

> Any thoughts on ATI Radeon Mobility 7000, 7500 and alike? You can't
> download ATI Mobility drivers for linux from their site, :-(. How about
> the basic XFree 4.2/4.3 drivers? DRI?

My new laptop has an ATI Radeon Mobility 9000.  Normal X requires an
XFree86 4.3 server (I got binaries off of xfree86.org) but works fine
beyond that.  For DRI, I think you need to get the kernel driver out
of the DRI CVS tree.  (A freshly compiled 2.4.21 kernel isn't good
enough.)

	-- Abra Mitchell