Re: console framebuffer [Solved]

Hello,

After much googling (with many different search terms), I found a
recent post about matroxfb and kernel-2.6.0-test2:

http://lkml.org/lkml/2003/7/29/12

The key point is that (for some reason) the fb device needs to be
compiled into the kernel, not as a module.  I recompiled 2.6.0-test2
(Debian source) with CONFIG_FB_RADEON and CONFIG_FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE
in the kernel, rather than as modules, and upon rebooting, I got my
nice framebuffer console back.

I have nothing special in lilo.conf (vga=normal and no
append="video=..."), the radeonfb just does it.

Brian