Re: experience with late model laptops?

> I'm still at a loss as why manufacturers want to make their
> specifications secret... It's like selling a toaster and not
> telling you what buttons to use to toast bread.

several manufacturers have expressed concerns over giving out details of their
802.11{b,g,??} chips.  The explanation given is that users could try to
pervert the frequencies or power output of the cards for nefarious purposes.

<conspiracy>
Plus, playing cold to Linux probably gives them credit with Microsoft.
</conspiracy>