experience with late model laptops?

I'm about to purchase a new laptop and wondered if anyone
has had any specific success/failures with either of the following:

Toshiba Tecra S1
1.4GHz Mobile Intel Pentium M processor w/Centrino, 1GB RAM,
60GB hard drive, CD-RW/DVD-ROM, 56K, 10/100 Ethernet,
Intel WiFi 802.11b, Windows XP Pro and a 15" UXGA active-matrix display Graphics Processor Vendor
ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9000

Sony VAIO GRT100
2.5GHz Mobile Intel Pentium 4 processor-M, 512MB,
60GB hard drive, 24X10X24 CD-RW/8X DVD-ROM, 56K,
10/100 Ethernet, WiFi 802.11b, Windows XP Pro
and a 15" XGA active-matrix display
Graphics Processor Vendor
NVidia GeForce4 420 Go

I don't particularly care about the modem or the wireless,
and I'll probably run sid (unstable)  on it, but I was hoping
to get a bit of feedback if there's someone willing to share.

   thanks so very much in advance,
      ~c